I write about nonprofit leadership because I wish I’d had a resource like this during my decade as an executive director. Here are some lessons that focus specifically on life as an executive director, from a basic intro for a brand new E.D. to running a great board meeting.
I hope you find them helpful.
Lessons for Executive Directors
- The Five Attributes of a Great Executive Director
- Your First 30 Days as a Nonprofit Executive Director
- Planning For Disaster
- Why Thank You Notes Are Your Best Friend
Managing Your Staff
Your Relationship With the Board
- How to Run a Great Board Meeting
- Building an Outstanding Board of Directors
- The Right Way to Interview Potential Board Members
- A Simple Solution to Nonprofit Board Inertia
- I Do NOT Hate to Fundraise!
- The 5 Big Fat Fundraising Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Right Now
- How to Increase Your Special Events Revenue
- The Perfect Fundraising Lunch
- Asking for Money: What’s the Worst That Can Happen?
- How I Screwed Up My Succession Plan at GLAAD
- The Five Keys to an Effective Succession Plan
- Is It Always Better to Promote From Within?
Join the Conversation
Take a minute and make sure you enter your email address below so you get my weekly insights. My subscribers find them valuable and forward them to board members, colleagues and folks who care deeply about the success of nonprofit work.
Enter your email address below:
Work with Joan?
To learn more about how we can work together, click here.
Don’t miss out on future posts! Subscribe here.