I get asked quite a lot if there were things I wish I knew when I moved from corporate America to working for a nonprofit. And indeed there are.
In fact, three of them come immediately to mind.
You see, before I became the executive director of GLAAD, I was in the entertainment business. As you can imagine, there are many major differences between these two working environments. From management styles, to the level of emotion and passion involved, to what really drives your bottom line.
Click play on the video to hear the three things I really wish I knew before working for a nonprofit. My answers might surprise you.
In This Video
- What should you know before you work for a nonprofit?
- What are some pros and cons of working for a nonprofit?
- What’s the difference between working with a nonprofit vs. for-profit?
- What should corporate America consider learning from the nonprofit sector?
- Here’s a link to the full transcript 🙂
- The Move From Corporate to Nonprofit
- The Difference Between Corporate and Nonprofit Management
- Why I Moved From Corporate to Nonprofit (podcast)
Want to join a growing community of nonprofit leaders and get exclusive access to content from a variety of experts? Click here to learn more about the Nonprofit Leadership Lab.