There are a lot of small nonprofits. In fact, roughly two thirds of the 1.5 million nonprofits (in the US alone) have budgets of under a million dollars. Nearly 25% are under $250,000.
In these past two years I have had the privilege of meeting and working with thousands of amazing nonprofit leaders and they lift me up. Every. Single. Day.
In a world that all too often feels mean, divisive and downright broken, these folks remind me that there are good people in the world. Really good people in the world, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
In this podcast, I highlight the story of some of the organizations and amazing nonprofit leaders that I have the honor and privilege of working with inside the Nonprofit Leadership Lab, my membership site for nonprofit leaders.
In this episode:
- Compassion fatigue
- Research based bridge building organization that provides baby carriers and educational programming as a public health tool
- Preparing students for college and supporting the parents
- Helping kids stay in their extended family environment in Uganda
- The Nonprofit Leadership Lab community that supports amazing nonprofit leaders all over the world
- Mobile food pantries across by providing hunger relief that comes to you (on a bus!)
- Teachers using curriculum in conjunction with performances to build community and create social change