We’ve reached prime-time giving season, and I have some good news.
It’s absolutely not too late to exceed your goals, no matter where you currently are in your process.
Right now, donors are thinking deeply about the causes they support. Are you ready? Have you communicated your needs and impact in a cheerful, abundant, and timely way?
My guest today, international fundraising consultant Gail Perry, will walk you through the logistical and emotional steps to ending the year on an amazing and successful note.
Gail’s tips include many specific strategies from phone banking to cutting through the Giving Tuesday clutter, to identifying ambassadors… and so much more.
If you want to make sure you meet – and exceed – your fundraising goals for the year, you’ll want to hear what Gail told me.
About Gail Perry
Gail Perry, MBA, CFRE, is an international fundraising consultant, speaker and trainer. Her following includes over 10,000 nonprofit readers around the world who follow her popular Fired-Up Fundraising blog.
Gail is also the best-selling author of Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action that was touted as the “gold standard guide to building successful fundraising boards.”
Her Fired-Up Fundraising approach, developed over the past 25 years as a non-profit philanthropy expert, has helped organizations raise hundreds of millions in gifts and support. Gail helps nonprofits and NGO’s all over the world fire up their boards, engage their donors and secure major funding for their missions.
She is the founder of Gail Perry Associates, a Raleigh-based consulting and training firm, and is past President of the Triangle Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, which recently awarded her 2011 Outstanding Fundraising Executive of the Year.
In this episode
- Readiness is a moving target. How do you deal with that?
- What happens if you don’t have the budget for a Development Director?
- Enthusiasm as ‘the story of being cheerfully aggressive’
- How your energy and tone of voice can affect your numbers
- Major political seasons – do they impact fundraising?
- Tapping into “rage donations”
- What is the impact of inviting a donor to an event they cannot attend?
- What makes an appeal letter appealing?
- The best ways to activate your board members
- The sharable materials and direction ED’s should provide their boards
- How to differentiate well-meaning strategies from effective ones
- Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action
- Six ways to get major donor visit
- Top Ten Year End Fundraising Tips
- The Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Joan’s Book: Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership: Because Nonprofits Are Messy
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions