Many nonprofit leaders are scrambling to figure out how to make payroll and many boards of directors think they are in the business of risk management — which leaves very little time and resources left to dedicate to innovative nonprofit marketing.
But, in today’s digital world, it is nearly impossible to reach a wide audience of potential donors and invite them to join your cause without it. Luckily today’s guest, Alison Moore, Chief Executive Officer of Comic Relief US, knows a thing or two about this.
Her organization partners with nonprofits (as well as corporate and media partners) to help raise awareness for pressing social issues using the power of creative content and inspiring nonprofit marketing campaigns.
Through these powerful nonprofit partnerships and highly anticipated events like Red Nose Day, a year-round fundraising campaign with the mission to end child poverty, Comic Relief US helps to create real positive change by harnessing the power of entertainment and storytelling.
Alison joins me today to dig deeper into the impact that creative content can have on your org’s mission and shares some strategies that your small nonprofit can use to scale its marketing efforts and inspire more joyful giving.
Click Play to learn:
- What nonprofit marketing strategies can small organizations use to reach more people?
- What is the value of a non-transactional nonprofit partnership?
- How can entertaining and creative content inspire joyful giving?
- What is Red Nose Day?
- How can small organizations innovate in their marketing efforts?
- Becoming a Social Prophet (Lynne Twist)
- FREE WORKSHOP: Let’s Build the Nonprofit Board of Your Dreams!
- Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership – 2nd Edition by Joan Garry
- Free Webinar: The 5 Practices of Outstanding Nonprofit Leaders
- Your Nonprofit Life Podcast
- Joan Garry’s Instagram
- Explore the Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions
Red Nose Day:
Contact Alison Moore
Alison Moore comes to Comic Relief US with extensive experience as a top executive in the media and technology industries, where she has successfully expanded business operations and growth initiatives for a number of content-driven organizations and world-renowned brands.
Most recently, Moore served as Chief Business Officer, Beauty Collection at Condé Nast, overseeing the brand strategy, monetization, and operations for women-focused brands, such as Glamour and Allure. Prior to Condé Nast, Moore was Chief Revenue Officer at SoundCloud, the global digital music and audio platform, and previously held senior positions at NBC Universal and HBO, focusing on digital consumer experiences, brand development and consumer engagement strategies.
In addition to her previous corporate roles, Moore is active in the entrepreneurship space, working with socially conscious start-ups and incubators. She is also a Board member of TRACE, the leading global media, entertainment and brand platform for connected Afro-Urban millennials.