Today’s guest is Stanford professor and author of the New York Times bestselling book, Tiny Habits: The Small Changes that Change Everything, BJ Fogg. According to BJ, you are far more likely to succeed at something if you don’t bite off more than you can chew.
But for nonprofit leaders, this habit can seem impossible to break (been there). Especially during those times when everything feels equally important — the donor who is all about her thank you note…the grant proposal due at 5pm…a client who will be homeless if they don’t get the check from your org on time…
With so much important work to juggle at once, you’re probably wondering, “Is prioritization even possible?”
The answer is yes, but as my guest, BJ Fogg, explains in this episode, good habit formation starts by first creating tiny habits that over time add up to monumental changes. In this episode, we discuss what this looks like for busy nonprofit leaders like you and how you can apply his strategies to improve your everyday life.
BJ’s book, Tiny Habits, is based on twenty years of research on behavior design. He has also coached over 40,000 people in the art of habit formation.
In This Episode:
- What are tiny habits?
- Why is good habit formation important for nonprofit leaders?
- Which tiny habits help with prioritization?
- What is the Fogg Behavioral Model?
- What is behavior design?
- Get BJ’s Book: Tiny Habits
- Tiny Habits Academy
- 7 Ways to Avoid Burnout
- Take Back Your Time. Here’s How
- Ep 68: No, You Can’t Do It All
- Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership – 2nd Edition by Joan Garry
- Free Webinar: The 5 Practices of Outstanding Nonprofit Leaders
- Your Nonprofit Life Podcast
- Joan Garry’s Instagram
- Explore the Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions
Contact BJ Fogg
- Website: BJFogg.com
About BJ Fogg:
BJ Fogg, Ph.D., founded the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford University. In addition to his research, Fogg teaches industry innovators how human behavior really works. He created the Tiny Habits Academy to help people around the world. He lives in Northern California and Maui.
Find out more at BJFogg.com and visit TinyHabits.com to learn about his New York Times bestselling book, Tiny Habits: The Small Changes that Change Everything