In my book, reading is one of the best investments you can make in your professional development. That’s why, today, I’m in the hot seat. Ah yes, the tables are turning and Cindy Pereira is asking all the questions—about my favorite books for nonprofit leaders!
I’ve shared with you some of my favorite books on nonprofit leadership on my blog. But it recently occurred to me that there is so much that nonprofit leaders can learn from every genre.
That’s why Cindy and I thought it would be fun to put together a summer reading list for nonprofit leaders that covers everything from nonprofit leadership to murder mystery (hopefully not in the same story!)
Cindy produces my podcast and runs my consulting business. She also worked closely with my team to launch the second edition of my book, Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership in 2020. Needless to say, Cindy and I have had lots of talks about books…and today we’re adding you to the conversation.
About Joan Garry:
Founder of the Nonprofit Leadership Lab, where we help smaller nonprofits thrive. I’m also a strategic advisor for executive directors and boards of larger nonprofits. I’m a frequent keynote speaker, a blogger, and an author on all things leadership and management. (Learn more at JoanGarry.com)
I’m a woman with a mission to fuel the leadership of the nonprofit sector. My goal with each episode is to dig deep into an issue I know that nonprofit leaders are grappling with, by finding just the right person to offer you advice and insights.
Today is no exception.
Listen to find out:
- What’s on Joan Garry’s summer reading list?
- What are some of the best books on nonprofit leadership?
- What books should be on every nonprofit leader’s summer reading list…any why?
- The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz– by Erik Larson
- The Wright Brothers – By David McCullough
- Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great – by Jim Collins
- Good to Great and the Social Sectors: Why Business Thinking is Not the Answer– by Jim Collins
- The First 90 Days, Updated and Expanded: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter– by Michael Watkins
- To Kill a Mockingbird– by Harper Lee
- The Defining Moment: FDR’s Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope– by Jonathan Alter
- Connect: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends, and Colleagues– by David Bradford and Carole Robin
- One Day, All Children…: The Unlikely Triumph Of Teach For America And What I Learned Along The Way– by Wendy Kopp
- Ordinary Grace– by William Kent Krueger
- Nothing to See Here – by Kevin Wilson
- Hardy Boys Starter Set – Books 1-5 (The Hardy Boys)– by Franklin W. Dixon
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything– by BJ Fogg
- Me Talk Pretty One Day- By David Sedaris
- Nonprofit Management 101
- Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership – 2nd Edition by Joan Garry
- Free Webinar: The 5 Practices of Outstanding Nonprofit Leaders
- Your Nonprofit Life Podcast
- Joan Garry’s Instagram
- Explore the Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions
Contact Joan Garry