One of the biggest Achilles heels in the nonprofit sector is program evaluation.
We’re not good at it – we think it’s too hard, we don’t know how to do it. And our boards don’t hold us accountable to figure it out. Oh yes, and of course funders want to know all about it.
Chari Smith, the author of Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get Your Data. Show Your Impact. Improve Your Programs, insists there is an easy way to make steering your ship fun and exciting with good data.
Learn what fears underlie our reluctance to do program evaluation and how we can overcome them.
Chari Smith believes evaluation should be accessible, practical and usable. She founded Evaluation into Action, located in Portland, Oregon, to help nonprofit professionals create realistic and meaningful program evaluation processes. She has taught several workshops helping nonprofit professionals understand the value and use of program evaluation. Recently, she was the opening keynote speaker at the American Evaluation Conference. Her book Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get Your Data. Show Your Impact. Improve Your Programs. provides step by step instruction on how to do program evaluation.
- Chari’s Book: Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get Your Data. Show Your Impact. Improve Your Programs
- Please fill out our listener survey here.
- Nonprofit Management 101
- Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership – 2nd Edition by Joan Garry
- Free Webinar: The 5 Practices of Outstanding Nonprofit Leaders
- Your Nonprofit Life Podcast
- Who Needs an Executive Coach?
- Joan Garry’s Instagram
- Explore the Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions
You can get a discount on Chari’s upcoming workshop on designing outstanding surveys!
Survey Design Made Simple Workshop
Taught by program evaluation expert and author Chari Smith
Thursday, May 13, 2021, 9am – 10am (PST)
Receive $4 off by doing the following:
- Go to the registration page
- Enter the promo code “Joan”
- Hit ‘apply’
Description: Do you feel like you should do a survey, but have no idea what to ask? Do you have a survey, but aren’t sure if the questions are phrased the right way? In this workshop, we’ll dig into how to determine what to ask as well as how to avoid common survey design mistakes. Take the stress out of survey design, and join us for this interactive session so you can get the data you need.
Questions? Contact Chari Smith, email@example.com