Like all of us, I am struggling. Not gonna lie. I’ve come face to face with a label I’d been ignoring. My wife and I are older Americans with some underlying health conditions. We are following all the rules and feel lucky that not only do we love each other but we like each other a lot too. No one else I’d rather be quarantined with. But this is stressful.
Everyone contends with pervasive anxiety in different ways. It’s pretty clear what my coping mechanism is. It’s the hardwiring that led me to become a nonprofit executive director. I obsess with helping. And that obsession is now on overdrive.
In a world so very hungry for leadership I have five pieces of advice from me to all of you leaders and helpers out there.
Hoping all who can stay at home will do so while we are trying to contain the pandemic. You may notice from the quality of my audio that I was home when I recorded this.
- Michael Hyatt Blog Post
- The Trevor Project
- Fenway Health
- Toni’s Kitchen
- Abstract Edge
- God’s Love we Deliver
- Volunteering is Good for your Health
- Bobby Kennedy – Quote
- Immanuel Community Services
- New Garden Friends School
- Joan Garry’s Instagram
- Explore the Nonprofit Leadership Lab
- Joan’s Book: Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership: Because Nonprofits Are Messy
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
- Voiceover Work by Cindy Cap Solutions