Is direct mail dead?
That’s one of my questions for today’s guest, Lisa Maska.
(She says no, by the way, and explains how to get the most out of a direct mail campaign.)
Lisa and I had a great conversation about how integrated marketing has changed in the digital age, why direct marketing is critical to long-term fundraising, and what “integrated marketing” even means in the first place!
Lisa knows about direct response fundraising from A-Z. And I really mean A-Z. This is super useful information for anybody who plays a role marketing a nonprofit.
Who Is Lisa Maska?
Lisa Maska, CFRE, is co-owner and a partner at Lautman Maska Neill & Company, a full-service direct response fundraising firm specializing in nonprofits. The company she has built with co-owner Tiffany Neill reflects their commitment to innovation and excellence in direct response fundraising, their belief in the power of non-profit organizations to improve the world we live in, and their personal goals of leaving the world a better place.
Over the course of her career, Lisa has developed award-winning campaigns for clients such as Reading is Fundamental, the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation and Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC). A frequent speaker at industry meetings and events, Lisa is a member of AFP, the DMAW and DMFA, and has served on the boards of the AFP DC Chapter and the DMFA.
In This Episode:
- What is integrated marketing?
- Is direct mail dead?
- The most cost effective way to build a broad base of support from mass-market donors
- What a direct marketing programs has in common with asparagus
- How integrated marketing has changed in the digital age
- Why direct marketing is critical to long term fundraising
- 5 things you must have in place to begin a direct mail program
- The right way to rent marketing lists
- Common mistakes made in direct mail programs
- An specific example of a great integrated marketing campaign
- Lisa Maska’s Bio
- Lautman Maska Neill & Company
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Direct Marketing Fundraisers Association
- Reading is Fundamental
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Point Foundation
- Music by Jukebox the Ghost
Latest posts by Joan Garry (see all)
- Ep 28: Difficult Conversations in Uncertain Times (with Parisa Parsa) - January 21, 2017
- January 20: How to Lead in Uncertain Times - January 18, 2017
- Ep 27: Confessions of a Terrible Board Member (with Eileen Opatut) - January 7, 2017